What Happens and When?
- Once the title order is placed with any of our associated title companies, a title abstract is ordered as well as a location survey where required.
- The title company coordinates between the borrower/purchaser, the lender and realtor or builders involved in the transaction.
- The Title Company obtains mortgage payoff amounts as well as all pertinent tax, water and homeowners association figures.
- We prepare the title insurance commitment, the deed, settlement sheet and in many cases loan documents.
- We conduct the closing, collect and disburse all funds to the appropriate parties, record all necessary documents including deeds, mortgages and mortgage releases in the appropriate jurisdictions.
- Once all documents have been recorded in the county, a final title policy is issued.